Who's awesome? You're awesome! We wanted to just take a second and say thank you to everyone. Have a wonderful weekend!
It is good to have spent sometime reading this week and i had a tough task to pick through many dozens of shortlisted stories. I guess the ones here are those pieces that had a lasting impact (click the headlines to read the full story). Hope you like this selection.
1. Brands - it's time to stop being faceless and start showing character on social media. There was a time when brands could get away with all-out self-promotion. Things have changed a lot in the last couple of years. Now, businesses really need to take into consideration what audiences want - especially personality. A great piece that is worth reading.
2. Why is Android’s growth rate suddenly flat? (Hint: Android is not the same as Google Android). Mobile phone technology exploded over the last 7 or so years,… the whole industry is much slower now. Saturated, and a bit non-plussed at this point.
3. The Psychology of Color in Marketing and Branding. We love color, it makes life so much better. This is one of the best info graphs we've seen in a long time! Read this extensive discussion about the impact of color on marketing.
4. Social media giants' features compared. Google+ comes on top with 50 features vs 30 supported by Facebook and 20 by Twitter. One of the best things I have read this week. (Bonus piece: Back to the Social Future [COMIC])
5. Brands: Who Owns What? Ever wonder what massive corporation controls all of the other companies? This crazy-amazing graphic shows who owns what and how.
6. Why Social media actually works for small business [Infographic]. Social Media is a powerful tool for small businesses and startups to market themselves with the right intent. It's easy, effective and the fastest way to approach the intended customer base.
7. A Smooth, 3D Printed, Multicolored, High-Resolution Vaze. The ProDesk3D from botObjects, an unreleased 3-D printer, says they've conquered the problem of crappy resolution in 3-D printed objects. Watch out the video that demonstrates the beauty and finish quality of 25 micron printing, using PLA (Not ABS) thermoplastics.
8. Smart Surgical Knife Detects Cancerous Tissue. Surgeons may have a new way to smoke out cancer! An experimental surgical knife can help surgeons make sure they've removed all the cancerous tissue. This knife could be a groundbreaking development in cancer surgery.
9. Spell Check on Paper With Lernstift's Digital Pen. Digital Pen points out spelling errors with a subtle vibration to help kids (and adults) acquire better writing skills! This is possibly the smartest pen we've ever seen.
10. Mural.ly loves Evernote. Evernote is fast becoming my go to organization tool. Linking it to mural.ly makes it even more useful. I can now use the material in my Evernote account to create a mural.ly presentation.
Looking forward to hearing your feedback and insights in the comments below. Please don't forget to like our Fan page and show your love like always! Peace out.