Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 Antivirus/Antispyware , Blackberry , Business , BYOD , Cloud Computing , Devices , Internet , It Pros , Malware , Management Systems , Notebooks , Online , PC , Privacy , Problems , Safety , Smartphones , Tablets
If you've been hearing a lot about 'Bring Your Own Device' programs lately, you may be wondering exactly what BYOD means to you. A BYOD policy - at least a well thought out one - is intended to protect company systems from potential security issues by creating policies that govern user devices while also improving employee morale and productivity.
You may be using your device for work-related purposes and not even realize it. Do you check your work email on your phone? It seems harmless enough, but according to NBC News, some companies are now even banning the reading of work emails on personal phones. BYOD is essential to controlling employee device use, but what does it mean for you?
Do You Remember the Last Time You Got a Virus?
Chances are you've had a virus on your computer at one point or another. The issues with BYOD operate on a related level. Personal devices - including smartphones, tablets and laptops - can all be weakened to security issues. Companies are concerned, because personal devices that have access to the company network may also expose the network to vulnerabilities. Android phones are particularly vulnerable, with 99 percent of all malware being targeted toward this platform according to Kaspersky lab.
What Does BYOD Do?
A BYOD program essentially controls which personal devices connect to the network. Most BYOD management platforms have granular security. Granular security controls different levels of security access. One person may have the permissions to access an entire network while other guest users may only be able to access very controlled regions. Companies such as BlackBerry have created mobile device management platforms for this reason, and users can consult BlackBerry for more information.
The Ability to Control Your Device
The major concern for employees when it comes to strict BYOD policies is that their company will now institute some level of control over their devices. Some companies can completely wipe their employee's devices if they suspect there has been an intrusion or even if the company and the employee separate. For employees that have personal information they want to keep safe on their phone, this can be very difficult to deal with. It is important you find out your company's policies before joining their BYOD program.
The Ability to Opt Out
It's important to note that most BYOD policies do allow individuals to opt out, such as the one outlined by the White House. Opting out usually means that an individual will be required to maintain both business and personal devices or that they may have to jump through more hoops to interact directly with a system. However, opting out is still an option for anyone who doesn't want to give up their privacy and doesn't want to run the risk of losing the data on their personal device. Note that an inability to afford a device should not be a reason for your company to make you opt out of the program. Inquire about possible device or data plan reimbursement if you're interested in participating.
Following Company Policy
Different companies will have different policies in regards to their BYOD programs. Some companies have a zero-tolerance policy, whereas other companies encourage users to perform some functions on their personal devices or at home. The best thing you can do is learn your company's policy and follow it. While BYOD policies may seem frustrating to deal with, they are there for a very important reason.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Sunday, November 24, 2013 Aftermarket Toners , Arts , Business , Business Cards , Cartridges , Customers , Designs , Devices , Education , How to , Learning , Office , Photos , Printers , Problems , Products Guide , Shopping
Posted by Andreas Christodoulou
These days, you can find printers that come in different sizes. In addition to that, different types of printers come with different features in order to accommodate the varying needs that the user may have at home. Because of this, you must know what type of printing paper would work well with your printer. Your choice of printing paper will be as important as choosing the right ink and software.
For the usual documents, a generic printing paper will do. However, printing some important documents will require the use of the right type of printing paper. Here are some of the mistakes that people do when buying the printing paper:
- Ignoring the Printer's manual.
Printer manufacturers go through all the trouble on writing and printing the printer manual for a good reason. However, lots of people tend to ignore it when they use their printer. They would prefer using the trial and error method than actually making use of the tried and tested method as stated in the manual. When you take a look at the printer manual, you will get to see that they have specified the type and size of paper that will be perfect for your printer.
- Wrong Printer Paper weight.
Once again, you will be able to see the specified weight of printer paper in the manual if you read it.
- Wrong printer paper Color.
The whiter the paper you will use, the better color will appear on it after printing. This is one thing that not all printer paper users tend to overlook. Printer paper comes in different colors. However, the whiter, the better. This is true when it comes to printing documents that is related to your business or office.
- Wrong Paper Finish.
The finish of the paper will play an important role in the outcome of your documents. If for example, you are printing a picture, the wrong choice of paper finish will lead to unsatisfactory appearance of the pictures.
- Too Much Money For The Paper.
Another one thing to keep in mind when choosing a paper to print on is the budget. If you wish to find the perfect paper, then you must be able to know where is the right place to buy it. The place where you will be buying the paper can greatly affect the price you pay for it. There are lots of places where you can buy printer paper-- office supply stores, retails stores, online suppliers and many more. Make sure to do price comparison before you buy one.
The right choice of printing paper will allow you to save time on money. A lot of problems can be solved or printed just by reading your printer manual. Take time to do so. Avoid all these mistakes and you will surely enjoy a hassle-free document printing experience.
This article is written by Sarah del Rosario of UK Toner Cartridges. Uktonercartridges.co.uk products are premium quality products. Unlike some other less reliable websites, they do not sell inferior goods.
Saturday, November 23, 2013
Saturday, November 23, 2013 3D Presentations , Accounting , Animations , Arts , Business , Career , Collections , Data Analytics , Designs , Marketing , Offers , Office , Powerpoint , Presentations , SlideModel , Tools , Training materials , Webinars
Posted by Andreas Christodoulou
Professionally designed PowerPoint Templates and diagrams are one of the most handy resource any presenter can have. Unfortunately, there aren't many places from where one can acquire customizable PowerPoint diagram templates; which makes websites like SlideModel.com an exception.
Professionally Designed PowerPoint Templates, Diagrams And Process Charts
Unlike other PowerPoint template providers, SlideModel focuses in the provision of professionally designed templates which come with a variety of layouts that can be used for making timelines, business charts with elaborate statistical data, academic presentations, 3D models and the like.
PowerPoint Diagram Templates For Making Attractive Presentations
The diagram templates and maps at SlideModel can be used for making anything from generic diagrams to comprehensive presentations about financial models, business projections, academic research, scientific information and the like. The Funnel Diagram for PowerPoint template shown below is a good example of the flexible diagram templates available at SlideModel.
PowerPoint Templates For Presenting Complex Data The Smart Way
One of the biggest hurdles of presenting complex or lengthy data in a presentation is the lack of space and time to project results. However, with the help of SlideModel templates you can project the most complex data in a smart layout to show performance indicators, business strategies, financial forecasts, geographical market trends for a product and other types of multifaceted data.
Make Presentations With Picture, Process, Graph And Timeline Layouts
SlideModel templates offer a variety of layouts with various sample slides in each template to help you fashion a presentation with different layouts. You can use the highly customizable sample slides to easily create timelines, picture slides, processes with appropriate diagrams and even present your data in the form of eye-catching charts and graphs.
Impress Your Audience With Professionally Designed Templates
The templates, diagrams, shapes, maps and charts at SlideModel are designed by expert professionals who are able to fashion slides with the right blend of colors, graphics and clipart. This ensures that you don’t have to worry about the overall layout of the slides, as the given sample slides can be edited out to make presentations which are easy on the eyes and don’t obstruct the added content due to a heavy background layout. For example, the Score Meter given below can be used for displaying data in an easy to grasp manner, with the help of a visually appealing layout.
SlideModel templates can be either bought individually or you can subscribe to a SlideModel plan to gain unlimited access to several PowerPoint templates, diagrams, shapes, maps and process charts.
For all of The *Official AndreasCY* readers, we have an Exclusive 20% OFF Coupon Code below. Let’s face it, we all LOVE saving money. SlideModel coupon codes are hard to find, but today you're in luck.
If you are a new or current customer, we can help you save up to 20% in any of the subscription plans. That’s a huge savings, so we urge you to write down this code and use it whenever you need it. Give it to your family, friends, and co-workers as well.
Coupon Code :
How to use this coupon code:
1. Visit "Plans" page
2. Select your desired package and click "Order"
3. Fill in the form in order to create your account, enter the Discount Code at the bottom of the page and click the “Register” button
4. Review your order and check out
Visit: www.slidemodel.com for more!
If you have any questions feel free to reach out for a super fast 24 hours support. Keep sending us your suggestions. If you'd like to help us out then kindly spread our voice!
Saturday, November 23, 2013 Astronomy , Biology , Business , Circuits , Developers , Devices , Earth , Electronics , Future Vision , Google , Industry , It Pros , Navy , Programmings , Science , Software Engineers , Solar , Solar System , Technology , Transportation
Posted by Andreas Christodoulou
Hello guys, long time no hear!
We've been missing in action for a while because we're finishing up another project, which we'll be able to share with you all soon, but we finally were able to come up for air and share some News with you all.
We hope you'll enjoy our selection so make sure to click the headlines below and read the full story. Only at The *Official AndreasCY* - The essential of Tech news, everyday.
1. Introducing node.js Tools for Visual Studio. Tried nodejs? Gave up because you couldn’t use a grown-up IDE? Red Gate started the ball rolling with Visual Node, then worked intensively with Microsoft in Redmond to produce node.js tools for Visual Studio. The early results are just incredible.
2. What Does A Navy Do? Confused about what a Navy - a conglomeration of ships, submarines and aircraft - actually does? Here's a quick 101.
3. Front-end CSS Frameworks. This is a nice tool to compare CSS frameworks.
5. PCB Design and Assembly at Human Resources Head. Want to work as a freelance in the field of PCB Design & Assembly? Doesn't matter if you're already working, it's a chance to augment your income and enhance your knowledge. If it excites you, check out the details and apply.
6. Astronomers in Antarctica find neutrinos from outside our solar system. "The era of neutrino astronomy has begun."
7. Mozilla’s reliance on Google is increasing: 90% of 2012 revenue came from that one source. How is Mozilla such a successful nonprofit? Google.
8. Kawasaki built a time machine and stole a bike from the future. Take our money. Take it all.
9. GetGoing Nabbed Me Better JetBlue Airfare Than JetBlue. Would you pick a random travel destination if it meant a very budget-friendly price?
10. Coupling Transport and Solid Mechanics Models for Better Puffed Rice. Thermal and mechanical effects in the production of puffed rice are studied by a group who recently presented at the COMSOL Conference 2013 in Boston last month.
11. Winamp is shutting down on 20th December 2013. R.I.P Winamp. End of an era.
12. Natural Gas Sets Off a Distributed-Energy Boom. Different gas-fueled technologies - fuel cells, microturbines, reciprocating engines, and turbines - are now competing for a spot in the basements of businesses.
13. Google's big health care play: Helpouts is all about video consultations with your doctor. And Google Glass will be a great tool as well.
14. Learn to Set a Formal or Informal Table for Your Thanksgiving Meal. Just in case you need a little refresher before Thanksgiving.
15. Troubles, what troubles? BlackBerry and Porsche Design launch the P’9982, a souped-up, ultra-premium Z10. BlackBerry's new sales strategy: Target the rich.
16. The actual probability of Earth going to hell in the next few decades. Pretty good... which is very bad.
17. My Biggest Interview Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them). If nerves take over every time you have an interview, you'll want to read this.
18. 26 Pictures Of Low-Income Entrepreneurs Who Work Extremely Hard. Inspiring.
19. Monitor and Control Your Environment with Ninja Sphere. Monitor all of your devices, your pets and even your energy use with NinjaBlock a futuristic environmental controller.
20. Biologist finds possible new species in his own nose. Sometimes, great discoveries are to be found right under your own nose... literally!
As always, we’d love to hear what you think. If we’ve missed your favorite off this list, let us know in the comments below and we’ll take a look at it. If it’s any good, we’ll add it in. Have a great weekend!